“What’s this about? Ah, yes, he is talking about outsourcing, isn’t he? I want to be in charge of my people’s learning – why would I want to outsource it?”
I want to be in charge.
That is a common refrain whenever anyone considers talking on a partner to help reduce their workload. Outsourcing is becoming a huge part of many industries for a simple reason – it doesn’t detract from you being in charge; it actually helps you feel even more in charge.
For a busy (and critically overworked) L&D department, using a managed learning service (MLS) provider such as Optimus helps you with:
- sourcing of high quality training that’s right fit for your staff
- managing all aspects of the booking process
- course evaluation/feedback….and more.
This support offers many advantages to the person responsible for L&D, the staff and organisation as a whole:
- You get one point of contact to oversee your organisation’s needs, collating and reflecting the views of your wider HR organisation without politics or agendas.
- You share your challenges with a dedicated supporter who has lived through similar problems many times before – change is easier if there is a blueprint to follow.
- Simplicity and scalability comes when you follow a tried-and-tested process that can be rolled out to all your stakeholders and can flex with variations in demand.
- The managed learning service provider handles all the admin. I have left this one until last for a reason. It is not until you outsource your training planning that you realize how much time you save.
For me, an L&D professional being “in charge of training” means making the very best top line decisions about the needs of your colleagues and following them through with outstanding delivery. The more time you have to make decisions the better, and the more informed those decisions are, the more confident you will be in the outcomes.
Choosing a series of blended learning solutions is a little like standing in a sweet shop. We all remember that feeling of clutching our pocket money tightly and staring at the rows of jars wondering which one it would be this week. With learning solutions, most will make a difference to your people, but the key lies in understanding which ones will make the biggest difference.
I would go for the fizzy cola bottles personally….
At Optimus, we are here to listen, we are here to advise and we are here to create a win-win scenario.
We want you to optimize your learning spend and resources, and we are confident that your investment in our services will be far outweighed by the improved outcomes. We work with many big blue chips who theoretically could do it themselves, but they choose us because they know that we are the best at what we do in the managed learning service market.
That is the thing with outsourcing, if you chose to work with someone who can raise the quality of your work streams, then you win every time.
Get in touch with me if using a managed learning service sounds appealing or you have questions- call me on 0845 519 7408 or email email@example.com