GCHQ Cyber Security Courses
The GCHQ Certified GTC Training scheme provides a benchmark for cyber security courses by assuring the quality of both content and its delivery.
Whether in our personal lives or at work, cyber security awareness is important for us all. The digital revolution presents huge advantages, but also brings new risks that we need to understand and tackle given our increasing dependence on cyberspace. There has never been a better time to invest in cyber security training.
The GCHQ Certified Training (GCT) scheme certifies two levels of cyber security skills training:
- Awareness level — giving newcomers a thorough foundation in cybersecurity
- Application level — in-depth courses for professional development
- Courseware — to be used in conjunction with a certified trainer and quality management system
Whether you are new to cyber security or you are an experienced security professional looking to enhance your skills, we can help you or your organisation find the right training solution.
Contact us with your training needs by emailing email@example.com or call 0845 519 7408.
APMG approved training
GCT is designed to assure high-quality cyber security courses delivered by experienced training providers.
- GCHQ has developed exacting standards against which courses are rigorously assessed
- Assessment criteria, written by GCHQ, are based on the IISP Skills Framework
- GCT certification process is carried out by APMG, the independent certification body approved by GCHQ to award certification and maintain the required high standards of assessment
GCHQ has appointed APMG as the independent Certification Body for GCHQ-approved cyber security training courses, due to APMG’s track record for accrediting quality training providers. All the providers we recommend are APMG approved.
Who’s it for?
The scheme offers UK cyber security professionals the opportunity to gain appropriate knowledge and skills through training. It is also useful for anyone seeking to improve or acquire cyber security skills, including those aspiring to certification under the NCSC Certified Professional Scheme.
Training delivery is assessed by observation, and a trainer’s technical knowledge is explored through interviews. The quality management process of training providers is also inspected, ensuring course content and trainers’ knowledge is up to date.